I drink a lot of Emergen-C, so I figured someone, somewhere in the world probably wants to know which flavors are best. Before I go into that, I first want to say that Emergen-C is way better than Airborne because it is substantially cheaper and dissolves more easily. Now, my Emergen-C flavor ranking is based on two major factors. First, Emergen-C is a fizzy drink, and fizzier flavors taste better; the less fizzy flavors end up tasting chalky (like Metamucil). Second, tastes vary, so my favorite flavors may not be your favorite flavors, but this should still serve as a good guide. The best way to tell what your favorite flavors are without buying a whole box ($10-$14) is to go to a corner store where they sell individual packets and try them all.
Best Emergen-C Flavors:
1. Tangerine. Fizzy and orangey. If you want an orange-flavored vitamin drink, this is your best bet. Good as a daily standard.
2. Pink Lemonade. Fizzy, tastes like pink lemonade. Good as a substitute for higher-calorie, lower-nutrient lemonade. Also, sales of this support breast cancer research.
3. Lemon-Lime. Very fizzy. These are good mixers– they taste good mixed with things other than water, such as Sprite. You can also use half a pack like you’d use a lemon in a drink. There is a low-calorie version of lemon-lime as well.
4. Tropical Fruit. Fizzy; doesn’t taste like Hawaiian Punch (which is what I feared when I tried it); tastes like tropical fruits (papaya? mango? something). I think I’d get sick of this flavor if I drank it every day but it’s a nice variation.
5. Pomegranate-Cherry. Pretty fizzy, but you have to drink it quickly before the fizz wears off. Summery flavor; kids would probably love this.
Worst Emergen-C Flavors:
1. Raspberry. Some people I know like this one, so if you’re on the fence, try it out before you buy the whole box. I don’t find it fizzy enough.
2. Orange. Most disappointing Emergen-C flavor. Tastes like Metamucil; orangey but very chalky. Get Tangerine instead.
3. Mixed Berry. Also chalky, but since this one is a calcium supplement it kinda makes sense that it’s chalky?
If you get a box of Emergen-C you don’t like, try mixing packs with flavors you do like. Lemonade and Lemon-Lime mix well with other flavors, making them taste less chalky.
1. Acai Berry (not a fan of Acai, so pretty sure I won’t like this)
5. Any of the new Kids’ flavors
6. Black Cherry
8. The new “shots” (which seem pretty dumb to me from a consumer standpoint– who doesn’t carry a water bottle or have access to a cup?)